Saturday, September 12, 2009

How it began for us...

When I met my ex-husband I was a 28 yr old divorced mother of five. Jeff was perfect. I mean reeeeally perfect. Active in our church, handsome and fascinated with my children, I believed I had found the man with whom God wanted us to ride off into the sunset. We married and a year later had our first child together. It is important to note and appreciate that marrying a woman with as many children as I had would be an impressive feat for any man - fabulous though he may be - but my ex had been single for (essentially) his entire adult life. Now 40 yrs old with no practical marital experience and no children he attempted to take the helm. I would say things went smoothly for the most part, he was overly strict - as one who has done their best parenting 'pre-child' might be, but the kids took to him. Everything changed, however, when we had our first baby. Naturally this was an incomparable thrill for him as it is for any parent and also, naturally, he had stronger feelings for this baby than he had for my older ones. All perfectly normal and understandable and understand I did....

No comments:

Post a Comment